Christmas is a great time to prepare yourself for your re-entry into the workforce. Follow our practical advice:
1. Update your resume - include all non-paid work.
2. Know your flexibility requirements and don't back down.
3. Be clear on the type of role you are seeking, and know your strengths and skills.
4. Know what you are worth and don't sell yourself short.
5. Don't be grateful. You are smart, intelligent and experienced and you deserve a job.
To properly prepare yourself for 2009, read our CareerMums factsheets on the following topics found at this web address: http://www.careermums.com.au/resources_useful_services.php#articles
* A game plan to help you find a flexible job
* Keeping your skills up to date while on parental leave
* Managing your career as a working parent