Bosses are certainly becoming more flexible for the following reasons:
- There is an ageing population – by 2050, 26% of this country will be aged 65 and over.
- Women now account for half the workforce.
- More than 50% of graduates are women.
- 1 in 4 people in the workplace care for someone. The most cared for group are aged 15 and under. The second most cared for group is people aged 75 and over.
- National Employment Standards – one of the Standards is on the ‘right to request’ flexibility for parents with children under school age.